Welcome! This Submittable account accepts submissions for our family of journals Right Hand Pointing, One Sentence Poems, Unbroken Journal, Unlost Journal, and first frost. Be sure to select the correct category.
Thanks. If you need anything, email Dale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in publishing your work on One Sentence Poems. Please note that we share this Submittable site with our mother publication, Right Hand Pointing. So, don't be confused if you get email from us with Right Hand Pointing, or Ambidextrous Bloodhound in the subject line. It's us!
One Sentence Poems is edited by Elizabeth McMunn-Tetangco, Tony Press, and Dale Wisely.
We publish one-sentence poems, one at a time.
- Your poem must be a true, grammatical sentence. Use correct punctuation and capitalization.
- The poem may be titled, or not. We prefer a title. It is okay to make the title the beginning of a sentence and the body of the email the end of the sentence.
- Start with an uppercase letter. End with a terminal punctuation mark. (But don't die.)
- Any line format. (2 lines, or many lines. 1 stanza or multiple stanzas. Should be left-justified, however. Some idents ok, but we can't handle highly scattered formats. Include at least one line break.)
Avoid using multiple sentences separated by semi-colons. And really, no semi-colons. We're really looking for sentences and not constructions that strain the meaning of that term.
We also encourage non-English sentences, accompanied by English translation. If we accept your poem in another language, we will publish the translation with it. We'd love to see more translations.
For a complete submission we'll need:
- your one-sentence poem(s). You may include up to 4 in a single submission.
- your brief ONE SENTENCE bio. If you'd like for us to add a link in your bio, we're glad to do so. The bio should in the 3rd person, one sentence only, and no more than about 35 words.
NEW! We love our regulars. But please wait one month between submissions.